Thursday 7 May 2015

Bits and Pieces

I looked into my fridge tonight and all that I could find,
Were lots of bits and pieces, which had me in a bind.

Oh, what could I create, to satisfy the rumblings,
From lots of bits and pieces and associated grumblings?

A cup of curly pasta, a grater full of cheese -
A dash of chilli sauce - yes! Surely that will please.

A bowl of last night's rice. A chunk of pepperoni,
Onion, pepper, ham - hands off. That's for adults only.

How about an omelette? Whisk up the milk and eggs,
Eyeball down the wine bottle; sniff sadly at the dregs.

Two tins of spaghetti! Oh, what a find!
Toast the crusts of stale bread, nobody will mind.

A limp looking lettuce, grated carrot and some rocket,
Sorry 'bout the bits and pieces! Today I'm out of pocket.

Mandy Edwards (c) 2015

Image result for image of wine bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment